Fuel Your Greatness
This morning, while downing my Vitamin D, I noticed the slogan on the side of the bottle for the first time:“Fuel Your Greatness”.
I rolled my eyes. There go the marketers, pandering to our egos again. Good grief!
But the slogan stuck in my brain. (See the power of words?)
So, while I don’t think Vitamin D is going to fuel your greatness, per se, I do think there’s something to the idea of finding those things which will nourish your mind and provide power for your efforts.
8 things I do that help me stay energized about life
(and give me something to write about).
- Work–Push yourself. Give the full measure of your focus to something and see results.
- Rest–Get enough sleep. A bow that is always tightly strung loses its spring and flexibility.
- Learn–What have you always wanted to know? Go find out. Expand your core of knowledge.
- Play–All kinds of play. Children are full of creativity, and look how much they play.
- Converse–Engage with another human in a live setting. As in both people talking and both people listening and responding appropriately.
- Read–And not the same stuff all the time. Reading takes you places you can’t go in other ways. Journey in the mind.
- Love–More. Express it. Don’t expect anything in return for it, but know that if you really love others, you will come away better for it.
- Believe–Cultivate faith in something bigger than yourself. Connection to the divine engenders and prospers our finest attributes.